I will take a moment to address a typical misconception that comes up in more than half of my business calls. On the off chance that you think website design and website development are interchangeable, you’re not the only one. It’s safe to state that a huge lump of my clients had no clue that the two were any unique before we met. To be frank, I don’t blame them or you for not seeing a difference in the two, since they’ve been convinced to trust a website are a single commodity, despite the fact that it was never meant to be that way.
Understanding the Differences:
In my opinion, there are two primary reasons people have trouble understanding the differences between web design and development:
- Freelancers are continually searching for more business and they cut their rates by offering both website design and website development services to draw in more clients. These outcomes in clients imagining that all you need is one person to make a website.
- Also, since you technically can’t have a working website without both web design & web development, it’s not unusual for web design agencies to completely skip over the fact that they have two types of experts working on a single project. These results in clients thinking websites are made by a single person, rather than two completely different professionals.
Even though web designers and web developers have a symbiotic relationship, it’s important to realize the differences between the two so you can understand how much a website should cost.
What Web Designer Do?
It’s likely that you’ll interact with your web designer more than your web developer on a web design project. That’s mainly because they’ll be the ones to build the look-and-feel of your website based on your existing brand and expectations.
What Web Developer Do?
Here are the main takeaways that will help you understand the differences between web designers and web developers:
- First off, web designers and web developers are not the same.
- Successful websites usually involve both web designers and web developers.
- Professional web designers create a unique look-and-feel for your website and mostly focus on design and research.
- Professional web developers add functionality and interactivity to the designer’s graphic prototype to create a fully functional website or web application.